Methodical is a coffee culture company. We’re passionate about sourcing and creating offerings to elevate everyday life while strengthening connections and community. We focus on offering high quality products with world class customer service and highly executed experiences.
About the Position
The head chef oversees and leads Methodical’s food program including its staff, pastry and made-to-order menu, and facilities. They are also accountable to the business-line’s performance including costs, sourcing, and sales.
- Lead their team and collaborate with the owners in the development of dishes that resonate with our customers and achieve the mission of our food program.
- Collaborate with the CFO to oversee the financial performance and profitability of the business line including sourcing, cost control, labor control.
- Maintain the orderliness, cleanliness, and maintenance of our facilities and equipment.
- Interview, hire, train, and manage the people of their teams.
- Provide opportunities for our staff of continual education and development of skills.
About the Role
This is a Manager role. Managers are accountable for the management and development of their people as well as the team’s performance. Their primary responsibilities include:
Leading its People
- Participate in the interviewing, hiring, and training of new employees
- Work with their manager to ensure employees work productively
- Participate in employee professional development
- Shape the work environment through recognition, reward, discipline, conflict resolution, and termination
- Facilitate the employee assessment process
- Ensure staff follows health and safety regulations
Operating & Organizing
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of their team or group
- Evaluate and identify areas of improvement and efficiencies
- Set policies and processes in place and ensure they’re followed
- Maintain team or group budgets
- Oversee their team or group’s financial performance, primarily payroll and costs
- Meet the demands of growth by identifying needs before they’re needed
- Work with their manager to execute on meeting goals
- Work and collaborate with other Managers and Team Leads
- Identify new opportunities and oversee their R&D
- Above all else, do their part in achieving the goal of excellent customer experiences
- Full-time with availability Monday - Sunday
- Able to work on-site at our Commons location (147 Welborn St Greenville, SC 29601)
- At least 5 years working in a fast paced commercial kitchen
- Experience developing new dishes
- Experience sourcing and costing dishes
- Experience managing people
- A deep curiosity and love for learning new things
- Strong desire to be a team coach more than an all-star
- Strong interest in coffee & food culture
- Ability to stay calm in a busy environment
- Ability to work closely with others
- Ability to handle sharp objects and high heat
- Ability to lift at least 30lbs and work on your feet