Methodical Coffee is a forward thinking boutique coffee shop in Greenville, SC. With the recent launch of our in-house food program, we are looking for a part-time prep cook to assist our executive chef. Applicant must have a positive, can-do attitude, knowledge of basic food prep, and be very, very organized.
We have a small kitchen space at our Landmark Flagship store on Wade Hampton, and will expand to a full kitchen at our Commons space around August. This position is perfect for someone looking to grow into a larger role, if applicable, and would ideally move to the Commons later in the year with greater responsibility.
- Work at least 3 days a week, independently
- Follow recipes to a tee.
- Fulfill daily food orders for both Landmark & Downtown locations.
- Prepare baked goods & prep food items.
- Follow food safety handling & practice excellent personal hygiene (i.e. washing hands, constantly)
- Bring any quality deficiencies or problems to the Executive Chef
- At least 1-2 years of kitchen prep experience: restaurant, catering, or cafe, etc. and have a thorough knowledge of the ins and outs of the kitchen.
- Must be able to be on your feet for 8+ hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift 25+ pounds.
- Must be able to work independently
- Pastry cook and/or line cook experience a plus
- Food safety certified a plus
- Bonusly points
- Free coffee
- Flexible days
- Competitive hourly wage, with room for growth
- Friendly environment
- Paid time off
If interested, please email email@example.com with a resume, cover letter, and anything else you’d like me to know about you!