We are looking for a special someone to oversee our shipping operations. This includes everything that happens from the moment a bag is placed in a box to when it arrives at a customer's doorstep.
Shipping Manager Responsibilities
- Work and collaborate with the roasting crew to ensure orders are shipped out on time and on budget.
- Acquire advanced understanding of e-commerce and shipping software.
- Oversee all fulfillment including picking, packing, and order completion.
- Resolve issues with orders and shipping.
- Evaluate and fully utilize carrier rates and offerings to ship our products efficiently and cost effectively.
- Represent Methodical with carrier representatives.
- Create, implement, and document shipping policies and procedures.
- Problem solve issues as they arise as we scale.
Shipping Manager Requirements
- Prior administrative, logistics, or shipping experience.
- High computer proficiency with both Windows and Apple computers.
- Budgeting and reporting experience.
- Eagerness and willingness to master shipping industry regulations.
- Advanced analytical, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Culture is important to us. The way our staff interacts with customers, each other, and leadership is important to maintaining a healthy work environment. We expect all our staff to:
- Be a lover of coffee and passionate about hospitality.
- Be mindful of the details.
- Be energized by a fast pace environment.
- Love creating order in chaos.
- Enjoy being part of a team.
- Take what you do seriously, but not yourself.
- Respect each other.
- Accept feedback from peers and leadership.
- Continually look for ways to improve.
- Not be a jerk.
Mediocre is not in our vocabulary.
We do not do things halfway. We act with intention, knowledge, experience, and conviction.
We hurry, but we do not rush.
Convenience and speed is not our competitive advantage, but it is part of good customer service.
We always look for ways to optimize, create efficiencies, and do better faster without sacrificing quality.
We treat people, places, and things well.
We treat everyone well and equally, we keep our spaces clean and organized, we take care of our stuff.
We are conscious of our impact.
We know the implications and consequences of our actions.
- Accrue paid-time-off (PTO).
- Paid breaks.
- Give and receive Bonusly points.
- Free coffee and discounts on food and retail.
- Free bag of Methodical Coffee every month.
- Pick a Super Buddy to receive half off coffee.