Methodical is a coffee culture company. We roast our coffee and select our teas to express the life it lived and to honor the skilled people who cultivate it. We’re passionate about sourcing, creating, and discovering products to elevate everyday life while strengthening connections and community. We focus on offering high quality products with world class customer service and highly executed experiences.
About the Position
We are looking for a special someone to oversee our shipping operations. This includes everything that happens from the moment a bag is placed in a box to when it arrives at a customer's doorstep. This person would report to our GM of Product and work alongside the other team leads for roasting and production.
- Work and collaborate with the roasting and production teams to ensure orders are shipped out on time and on budget.
- Build and implement tools, processes, and procedures to grow our shipping operations.
- Acquire advanced understanding of e-commerce and shipping software.
- Oversee all fulfillment including picking, packing, and order completion.
- Resolve issues with orders and shipping.
- Evaluate and fully utilize carrier rates and offerings to ship our products efficiently and cost effectively.
- Represent Methodical with carrier representatives.
- Create, implement, and document shipping policies and procedures.
About the Role
This role is a team lead. A team lead is the captain of a team. They are accountable for the performance and well-being of their team, but are not responsible for management like compensation, discipline, or termination. Their primary responsibilities include:
Lead its People
- Participate in the interviewing and training of new teammates
- Lead by example in behaviors and practices
- Display and teach mastery of their position
- Shape the work environment through recognizing team members and exhibiting our desired behaviors
- Ensure staff follows health and safety regulations
- Communicate concerns and needs up to GM/Manager
Operate & Organize
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of their team
- Evaluate and identify areas to improve and work with GM/Manager to create efficiencies
- Take responsibility in solving any operational problems that arise
- Work with GM/Manager to implement policies and processes
- Work with GM/Manager on scheduling respective team members and ensuring adequate coverage
- Meet the demands of growth by identifying needs before they’re needed
- Work with GM/Manager to execute on meeting team goals
- Work and collaborate with other Team Leads
- Assist in the R&D of new opportunities
- Above all else, do their part in achieving the goal of excellent customer experiences
- At Methodical Manufactory (999 Geer Highway Suite 200 Travelers Rest, SC 29690)
- Prior experience in managing a shipping operation, administrative, or logistics.
- High computer proficiency with both Windows and Apple computers.
- Budgeting and reporting experience.
- Eagerness and willingness to master shipping industry regulations.
- Advanced analytical, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to lift 40lbs