We are currently not taking applications.
Methodical Coffee is a gourmet coffee shop and roaster in Greenville, SC. We have three locations and we’re looking to grow our barista team. This is a full-time position.
About the role
As a Methodical barista you’ll be on the frontlines of our business operations. We expect all our baristas to:
- Develop a deep understanding and breadth of knowledge of all our offerings (coffee, food, and other).
- Develop an understanding of coffee regions, processes, brew types, etc.
- Be able to execute all our beverage offerings to our standard of quality.
- Follow all recipes and procedures.
- Be able to dial in coffee on brew bar and espresso.
- Greet, welcome, and provide exceptional service to every customer.
- Be able to educate customers on our offerings and coffee in general.
- Be eager to care for customer needs.
- Keep stations clean and organized.
- Keep seating areas clean and organized.
- Be eager to help with prep, dish washing, and stocking shelves.
Culture is important to us. The way our staff interacts with customers, each other, and leadership is important to maintaining a healthy work environment. We expect all our staff to:
- Be passionate about coffee and hospitality.
- Be mindful of the details.
- Be energized by a fast pace environment.
- Love creating order in chaos.
- Enjoy being part of a team.
- Take what you do seriously, but not yourself.
- Respect each other.
- Accept feedback from peers and leadership.
- Continually look for ways to improve.
- Not be a jerk.
- We do not do things halfway. We act with intention, knowledge, experience, and conviction.
- Convenience and speed is not our competitive advantage, but it is part of good customer service.
- We always look for ways to optimize, create efficiencies, and do better faster without sacrificing quality.
- We treat everyone well and equally, we keep our spaces clean and organized, we take care of our stuff.
- We know the implications and consequences of our actions.
- Accrue paid-time-off (PTO).
- Paid breaks.
- Give and receive Bonusly points.
- Free coffee and discounts on food and retail.
- Free bag of Methodical Coffee every month.
- Pick a Super Buddy to receive half off coffee.
Every staff member starts with a 3 month probation. At the end of the 3 months if it’s clear it’s not working out, we’ll go our separate ways. If it is working out, you’ll officially be part of the team.